Monday, April 21, 2008

Out of the Storm

"Hurry, daddy," Maddie yelled. "Come out of the rain."

I ran to her.

"No, daddy," she corrected. "You have to yell when you do it."

Back I went.

"Hurry, daddy. The storm is going to get you."

I yelled and ran back.

"Good job, daddy. That's how you do it."

Caleb left. We yelled. He came in out of the storm. Maddie left. We yelled. She came in out of the storm.

It was sunny and roughly 70 degrees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

T-Daddy,
I love your blog! You're so clever with the way you write about your experiences with your kids. They seem like two fabulous kids to spend time with. I always have a good laugh when I read your blog so thanks.

Bridget said...

Priceless.

Grit

I just finished reading Grit, by Angela Duckworth. Read it! As with many such books, it left me with a bit of anxiety as I realize tha...