Saturday, July 11, 2009

Time in a Bottle

After being away for three weeks in Guatemala and then four weeks in Omaha, I became sentimental about cherishing the small moments with the kids. You know, they won't be young forever.

30 minutes squatting next to the toilet with Caleb as he battles constipation.

Ear-splitting yell contests in the car.

Maddie wakes me up when she comes into the bed every night at 1 a.m. Caleb then wakes me up coming into the bed every night at 3 a.m. (At which point the bed is overloaded and I move to the couch.)

Teaching Maddie to swim at the local pool (the water tastes exactly like sweat and is so foggy one cannot see one's feet).

Just some of the special moments.

2 comments:

Kricket said...

Glad you guys have great moments like us.

andre'a said...

Tim, we continue to laugh at your unique take on the world! Man we miss you! How was the internship?

P.S.) Send us your e-mail address and we'll add you to our blog!

adklarson@gmail.com
or
james.c.larson@gmail.com

Grit

I just finished reading Grit, by Angela Duckworth. Read it! As with many such books, it left me with a bit of anxiety as I realize tha...