Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Christmas Report

I picked out a book to give to Katie for Christmas. Upon opening, she said, "Oh, Tim, you'll enjoy reading this."

Well, there's always next year.

As for me, I made out like a bandit with a nostalgic Seattle Seahawks sweatshirt to replace the tattered one I've been wearing on weekends since 9th grade. Also, cold-weather jogging pants and shirt. Also, two very nice ties. Also, Boston Celtics pajamas. I couldn't be happier.

Santa remembered everything on the kids' lists, plus a few extras. I caused great offense when I told Maddie her FurReal Go Go Dog was fake. She held it close and ran to the bedroom saying, "It's OK. I know you're a real doggie." Maddie has also started a jewelry store with items created using Glow Bendaroos provided by Santa. Now that's a low-cost supply chain. Not exactly Just-In-Time, however. Additional Maddie highlights: Glow Doodle. Mosaic art kit. Fashion design kit. She has systematically played with all of them. I'd say the jewelry design business has occupied the most time.

Caleb also got everything on his list. His eyes are older than his interests, however. He's just not quite into assembling Legos himself. Maybe six months away. So we have 4 sets of Star Wars: Clone Wars Legos that are essentially for me. Which is awesome. The Bionicles, on the other hand are experiencing heavy usage. He is not strong enough to cock the Nerf dart gun, so again, a great gift for me. I have already shot Katie in the eye. Red Rider Bee Bee Gun anyone? Other highlights: Paper airplane design kit, violin.

Henry mostly received joint gifts with Caleb. Combo Nerf gun pack: not old enough. Basketball hoop: high interest. Nerf swords: heavy usage, broken furniture. Most played with: cars from Cars. Other highlights: Spiderman, Nerf football.

No comments:

Grit

I just finished reading Grit, by Angela Duckworth. Read it! As with many such books, it left me with a bit of anxiety as I realize tha...