Friday, May 20, 2011

New Normal

Welcome to Pakistan! Would you like some chicken with your salmonella? Also, A/C broke and it was literally 100 degrees in my bedroom last night. On the bright side, as I think I have mentioned before, there is staff to wait on my every whim. Alas, what good is a whim-waiting staff when you have no one to whim with? Sigh.

A bomber targeted a US consulate vehicle in Peshawar today. I am fine and not in any immediate danger. Peshawar is about 100 miles west of Islamabad.

I'm looking forward to 112 degrees next week. I've never experienced anything over 108 (every day this week has matched that personal record, by the way).

No comments:

Grit

I just finished reading Grit, by Angela Duckworth. Read it! As with many such books, it left me with a bit of anxiety as I realize tha...