I am finding it incredibly difficult to do anything useful or productive other than running. Any chance I get I am running. Perhaps it gets me closer to home. With under three weeks to go my impatience is unbearable. I have never felt anything like it.
I am making every possible effort to remain focused at work. Otherwise, I just sort of wander around the house. All my stuff is in a pile to be shipped to Cairo early next week. Wicked, really to ship things two weeks before I depart. I suppose it means my things will likely be there when I arrive but it quite shatters any hopes of remaining in the moment.
So I am living out of a suitcase and wandering an empty house. Netflix is my friend. Anything to pass the time. Though the nature of the Internet connection here is such that I can only watch in 7 minute intervals before having to wait 15 minutes to reload.
My shower head broke a week or so ago. The replacement provides only a trickle and I can no longer mix hot and cold. I just have to choose one or the other.
I watched Moneyball for the fourth time today. I love that movie. But really, four times?
I want to blog about children, like I used to, but I get bits and pieces of their stories second hand. Their stories are not my stories. I wept quite pitifully over this fact a few nights ago.
I should call my mother more often.
I am making every possible effort to remain focused at work. Otherwise, I just sort of wander around the house. All my stuff is in a pile to be shipped to Cairo early next week. Wicked, really to ship things two weeks before I depart. I suppose it means my things will likely be there when I arrive but it quite shatters any hopes of remaining in the moment.
So I am living out of a suitcase and wandering an empty house. Netflix is my friend. Anything to pass the time. Though the nature of the Internet connection here is such that I can only watch in 7 minute intervals before having to wait 15 minutes to reload.
My shower head broke a week or so ago. The replacement provides only a trickle and I can no longer mix hot and cold. I just have to choose one or the other.
I watched Moneyball for the fourth time today. I love that movie. But really, four times?
I want to blog about children, like I used to, but I get bits and pieces of their stories second hand. Their stories are not my stories. I wept quite pitifully over this fact a few nights ago.
I should call my mother more often.
1 comment:
I loved this post. Thank you.
Post a Comment