Orson Scott Card is my favorite author. Ender's Game is my favorite book. So it was wicked awesome when I found out the movie version will be released in 2013 (Harrison Ford, Hailee Steinfeld, Ben Kingsley). I have never been so geeked out in my life.
Then I saw a release date for a movie entitled The Seventh Son, which is the title (minus the "the") of my second favorite book, also by Mr. Card. Could it be? I read the plot summary for the movie. It is the general idea of the book by Mr. Card. But then it said, based on the novel by Joseph Delaney.
So I looked up this Delaney loser. And indeed he is a book idea thief. I know all writing is derivative, but come on, same title, same plot outline. How can this be legal? And how could he get the movie deal before Prentice Alvin? I call foul, to all five of you reading my blog: Foul!
Then I saw a release date for a movie entitled The Seventh Son, which is the title (minus the "the") of my second favorite book, also by Mr. Card. Could it be? I read the plot summary for the movie. It is the general idea of the book by Mr. Card. But then it said, based on the novel by Joseph Delaney.
So I looked up this Delaney loser. And indeed he is a book idea thief. I know all writing is derivative, but come on, same title, same plot outline. How can this be legal? And how could he get the movie deal before Prentice Alvin? I call foul, to all five of you reading my blog: Foul!
3 comments:
six.
=)
-april
two of us in Cali who also like Card! Foul! Foul!
Hmm, make it seven. Also a fan of Card.
Post a Comment