Monday, March 4, 2013

Lebanon is Awesome

Just got back from Beirut. Lebanon is beautiful. In the same day, you can have a sun drenched beach morning and then spend the afternoon skiing.

And they have the greatest chocolate store: Patchi.  The chocolates are kept in a glass vault, like a bank.  I bought some small mints and a little square of hazelnut chocolate for $24.  I don't think they were accustomed to such low spending.  When I placed my would-be purchases on the counter, the clerk asked, "Where is your purchase?"

"Um, this is it."

He looked around, as though missing something.  "No, I mean what you are going to buy."

"Oh, I'm just getting these."

Then he looked at me blankly for a long time before requesting my credit card.

No comments:

Grit

I just finished reading Grit, by Angela Duckworth. Read it! As with many such books, it left me with a bit of anxiety as I realize tha...