Saturday, April 27, 2013

My Kids' Dad Might Be a Geek

U.S. prime time television starts at 2 a.m. in the Middle East. Sometimes that is perfect. It meant no one  objected when I totally zoned out and watched the entire NFL Draft without paying attention to anyone else. Loved it. That was my best NFL Draft watching geek out in at least 10 years (Ziggy!).

Though now that they've made it a two day affair, it's gotten tricky. I started having Tim Burton hallucinations narrated by Mel Kiper, Jr. starting around 3 a.m. day two.

Then, having lunch with some friends today, I discovered that NFL Draftiness is not the upper limit of my geekdom. James Bond films were the topic. Skyfall's box office revenue the debate. My addition, "It's really not that impressive when you consider that Thunderball is the highest grossing Bond film of all time if you adjust for inflation."

This was received with incredulity and then confirmed by smart phone. Then, "How did you know that?" and "Why did you know that?"

I have my things.

1 comment:

kira said...

First of all, T-daddy.... I think it's awesome that you buy legos and pretend they are for your kids. Second (Kmomma and Tdaddy) I LOVE the picture at Stella of your kids! I am excited I get to keep in touch and see what you guys are up to via the blogosphere. I just sent you an invite to ours. Go Harts!!!

Grit

I just finished reading Grit, by Angela Duckworth. Read it! As with many such books, it left me with a bit of anxiety as I realize tha...