Things I noticed on this return trip to the USA:
1. Traveling with kids aged 9, 7, and 5 is way better than traveling with kids aged 8, 6, and 4.
2. My streak of never sleeping on an airplane remains, but I discovered surprising comfort on the floor of the Denver airport.
3. Clean air is super awesome. Thank you, Idaho!
4. After a year in Cairo, overnight lows in the 40s might as well be Antarctica.
5. Toilets in the US have a lot of water in them. I always think they're about to flood.
6. We didn't want to pay to reinstate our Verizon accounts for just three weeks. Turns out, (after a few days of withdrawal) I can live without a cell phone.
7. Turns out I cannot live without my iPhone, even if the phone function is non functional.
8. After Pakistan, Egypt seemed pretty mundane. It is fun to observe how interested everyone is in our life in Egypt. Helps me think of it as an adventure again. Helps me feel more gratitude.
9. We have a lot of partisan bickering and scandals in the government, but the USA is still the best. I love her! I am grateful to be a US citizen.
10. Someone asked me if we (the US government) were handling things the right way in the Middle East. My honest response: "The more time I spend there, the more I realize that I just don't know."
1. Traveling with kids aged 9, 7, and 5 is way better than traveling with kids aged 8, 6, and 4.
2. My streak of never sleeping on an airplane remains, but I discovered surprising comfort on the floor of the Denver airport.
3. Clean air is super awesome. Thank you, Idaho!
4. After a year in Cairo, overnight lows in the 40s might as well be Antarctica.
5. Toilets in the US have a lot of water in them. I always think they're about to flood.
6. We didn't want to pay to reinstate our Verizon accounts for just three weeks. Turns out, (after a few days of withdrawal) I can live without a cell phone.
7. Turns out I cannot live without my iPhone, even if the phone function is non functional.
8. After Pakistan, Egypt seemed pretty mundane. It is fun to observe how interested everyone is in our life in Egypt. Helps me think of it as an adventure again. Helps me feel more gratitude.
9. We have a lot of partisan bickering and scandals in the government, but the USA is still the best. I love her! I am grateful to be a US citizen.
10. Someone asked me if we (the US government) were handling things the right way in the Middle East. My honest response: "The more time I spend there, the more I realize that I just don't know."
No comments:
Post a Comment