Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Welcome to Adulthood, My Son

On the way to Tae Kwon Do last night, Caleb was explaining to me about television. It went something like this:

"Dad, you know how on the Disney Channel, when they tell a joke, a bunch of invisible people start laughing?"

"Yeah."

"Well, so on Victorious, which isn't the Disney Channel, but they still have the invisible laughing people, they told a joke, and it wasn't funny. I mean, like, not even close to funny. Like, it wasn't even really a joke. I mean, you wouldn't know it was a joke, except that the invisible people started laughing. So dad, I don't think the invisible people are really laughing the same as you and me. It's just fake to make you like the show. Did you know that?"

Laugh track awareness. Sigh. My little boy's all grown up.

No comments:

Grit

I just finished reading Grit, by Angela Duckworth. Read it! As with many such books, it left me with a bit of anxiety as I realize tha...