In some ways, the end of our Cairo tour comes with a sigh of relief. I won't miss the frequent black outs. I won't miss sand piling up around the windows and doors that are never quite airtight. I am looking forward to showering with normal (not heavily chlorinated) water that stays the same temperature with pressure higher than a trickle.
But in so many other ways, I am sad. Packing out today. See photo below. And the nostalgia has taken hold.
Some highlights registered below. Sadly, we haven't any good pics of some really great friends so not all are adequately represented below.
 |
| Packers come in two days. In the meantime, disaster. |
 |
| Final Wolf Scout den meeting held on a Nile felucca. |
 |
| A sad reality of the overseas life. |
 |
| This is from Maddie's student led parent conference at school, right after I sucked an egg out of a flask to discover air pressure. |
 |
| Maddie (foreground) racing Hilary. |
 |
| End of season Red Sox party. |
1 comment:
We will miss you guys.
Post a Comment