Friday, August 15, 2014

I Love Germany

Our family fitness is way up since moving to Germany. And it is the good, organic kind of fitness. We're not working out, we're just getting out, way more, because we can and because it's fun. Riding bikes all over the place. Family basketball night (the neighborhood has a great 7-foot hoop for kids).

I walk to work listening to audio books and run home from work. I jogged all over town the other day just to explore and I never worried about riots or terrorists. It's the little things, you know? We ride our bikes to church. There are parks all over the place. I just love it. I don't even mind the super-over-the-top recycling rules.

I started wearing sweatshirts at night in Egypt some time around Thanksgiving. Sweatshirt season has  already arrived in Frankfurt, which is perfect because I love my Bill Belichik hoodie.

The one thing I really don't understand is the random phone numbers. Really, all this vaunted German engineering and yet phone numbers have anywhere from six to eleven digits. This makes me insane.

No comments:

Grit

I just finished reading Grit, by Angela Duckworth. Read it! As with many such books, it left me with a bit of anxiety as I realize tha...