Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Culture Shock

The kids all hit a rough patch of culture shock at the same time last week. But it isn't Germany culture shock, it's foreign service culture shock. The honeymoon phase of travelling around the world is over.

Now they are realizing that any new friend they make is just another difficult goodbye in a year or two. They are trying to figure out the meaning of their desire to go home when they can't even figure out where home is.

So we had some tears. We had some violence. We had some yelling. But I think we are close to moving into the acceptance phase.

On the bright side, we are very close to delivery of our new Toyota Highlander.

No comments:

Grit

I just finished reading Grit, by Angela Duckworth. Read it! As with many such books, it left me with a bit of anxiety as I realize tha...