I already posted this first incident on Facebook, but not all interested parties are plugged in to that feed.
The final turn before arriving at the Siedlung (see prior post for definition and description) is a double left turn with very narrow lanes that I always treat as a single lane. Thus, switching from near lane to far lane mid-turn, I almost hit another driver the other day. My bad. But I noticed just in time and did not hit the other driver. No harm, no foul. Or so I thought.
That is when I learned something new about German culture. Near car accidents are treated as actual car accidents. One must get out and determine who would have been at fault had there been any fault. If you do not engage in this car accident theatre, the other party follows you home and yells at you. So that was different.
This morning, after Henry's soccer team won 10-2 (and Henry played quite well), Katie and I offered abundant praise. Meanwhile, the German parents said things like, "The team performed adequately."
![]() |
| Henry's penalty kick |
And these things happened:








No comments:
Post a Comment