It is great to be back in the US. It has been two years away for me. A few things caught me off guard. For example, no one drives the speed limit here. True, there are parts of the German autobahn with no speed limit, but when there is a speed limit, everyone obeys it, perfectly. I hadn't realized how used to that I had become until everyone was flying by me on I-95.
Also, throwing all of my garbage into the same receptacle feels really weird. I am so used to organizing my garbage...and even cleaning certain types of garbage before throwing it away. That was weird to me at first, but it became a habit and it now feels weird to throw away a glass bottle of, say, jam without first rinsing it out.
Anyway, the kids quickly turned on the Disney Channel and immediately felt right at home. It helped that on the plane ride, the stewardess gave Caleb a can of Coke that said, "I'm proud to be an American." He loved it. Then, we arrived at Disney World. So much America.
Here are a few Disney pics, with more to come once we download all the official Photo Pass photos:
| In which Kylo Ren became the first human to say "Silence!" to Katie with any effect. |
| I love it when they forget they are trying to be grown up |
No comments:
Post a Comment