Saturday, January 19, 2008

Caleb-ese

Cah = car, clock, croc (as in the shoe), Lightning McQueen, also used to express general excitement
Ah (hard "h") = off, on (context is clearly important here)
Goga/Kaka = dog
Nah = Nana
choo-choo = train, Thomas
Gode-nee = Gordon
Moo = cow, animals generally
Pss = please
Moo pss = more please; specifically in reference to scones, lollipops, and Cheez-Its
Mee-mo = Nemo, Elmo
Anonie = another
I do, I do = responding to our asking Maddie if she wants to do something

Mommy was mastered long ago, usually pronounced Mah-MEE accompanied by a "come here" gesture. We're still waiting for "daddy," who is generally hailed with "cah."

2 comments:

bspeck said...

Welcome to blogworld! I love it!

Candice said...

Love the blog, but I want to see pictures!

Grit

I just finished reading Grit, by Angela Duckworth. Read it! As with many such books, it left me with a bit of anxiety as I realize tha...