Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Flying Bench

We went to Sugarbush, Vermont over the weekend to ski. It was Maddie's and Caleb's first time on the mountain. Maddie got skis and Caleb got a sled. This was not well received by Caleb.

Maddie, for her part, was in heaven riding the "magic carpet," a conveyor belt to move kids up the bunny hill (a vast improvement over the burn-inducing rope tow of my day), and then riding down with Katie. I took Caleb home quite early due to his inability to cope with not doing everything his sister did.

After a few hours back at the ski house, Papa J showed up with Maddie. "Daddy, the bench flewed," she told me with grand gesticulation. "It went around and around and then it flied us up the hill."

No comments:

Grit

I just finished reading Grit, by Angela Duckworth. Read it! As with many such books, it left me with a bit of anxiety as I realize tha...