I really wanted a decked out 4Runner. Egypt has very high import tariffs on automobiles. Diplomats can import new cars tax free. We cannot sell them for more than the original purchase price, per U.S. policy, but because it is so expensive to buy imported cars, I am told that selling them for exactly purchase price after four years is quite common.
So I was all set to get the fully loaded 4Runner, finance it over six years, and then sell it like it was brand new. I have been dissuaded (sigh). Too much risk of policy change on the Egyptian side. Also, I am told, too much risk of having the car totaled in the wild driving. No four-digging in the desert for me.
So I was all set to get the fully loaded 4Runner, finance it over six years, and then sell it like it was brand new. I have been dissuaded (sigh). Too much risk of policy change on the Egyptian side. Also, I am told, too much risk of having the car totaled in the wild driving. No four-digging in the desert for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment