I have time. Evenings weekends. Time. Until this year, the last time I had time was about nine years ago.
So I work out, mostly running, and I plan (it's really more like shopping without intent to purchase, so I call it planning).
Alas, hernia! If this were 1970, I would be fully middle-aged so I would expect to have a hernia, but this is 2012 and I am barely entering adulthood, transitioning from "emerging adulthood." Why do I have a hernia? Do I also have osteoporosis? Menopause?
Anyway, the doc is trying to tell me it isn't an emergency. You know, like when you have a torn ACL, but, hey, you can use crutches, so why would you have surgery?
So I work out, mostly running, and I plan (it's really more like shopping without intent to purchase, so I call it planning).
Alas, hernia! If this were 1970, I would be fully middle-aged so I would expect to have a hernia, but this is 2012 and I am barely entering adulthood, transitioning from "emerging adulthood." Why do I have a hernia? Do I also have osteoporosis? Menopause?
Anyway, the doc is trying to tell me it isn't an emergency. You know, like when you have a torn ACL, but, hey, you can use crutches, so why would you have surgery?
No comments:
Post a Comment