Saturday, January 26, 2013

Dogging It

Honeymoon phase is over. I have a (bleep) dog! Don't get me wrong, he's a sweet heart, and Henry's on-and-off girlfriend now has the vampire love marks on her arm to prove it. Nothing says, "Trust me with your children for a play date" quite like a biting dog.

Professional help has been summoned. The whisperers are coming next week for an interview... of the dog, not the owners. I am clearly not a real pet person, because this concept of interviewing the dog means nothing to me. I can't even imagine what a pet person might imagine this could possibly mean.

I think, overall, Lucky is a good dog. He just goes into John Rambo mode (in "First Blood", not the later sucky movies) sometimes in unpredictable ways. I want to go all Brian Dennehy on his little terrier derriere, but Katie is calling in Richard Crenna, so we'll see how that goes.

Meanwhile, Henry is in a pitched battle with the dog for lowest spot on the totem pole. Nothing makes a fight more bitter than really low stakes (see also, rivalries in academia for the right to publish on esoteric topics that will be read by exactly four people ever).

No comments:

Grit

I just finished reading Grit, by Angela Duckworth. Read it! As with many such books, it left me with a bit of anxiety as I realize tha...