Sunday, August 4, 2013

Idaho Trip Special Moments

Found a computer, had to get these out before I forgot.

Caleb, while a panoramic x-ray was being administered at the dentist: "Are you sure this isn't a mind control machine? How do I know I will still be me when this is over?"

And during his eye exam: "First of all, I'm going to need to know what all these weapons are for?"

Then Caleb and I conquered the roller coasters of Disney World. Maddie didn't want to. Henry was too short, and I don't suspect he really wanted to either. Caleb had been afraid of Space Mountain, but decided to try it when we saw no line early one morning. He was proud and thrilled when it was over. So then we conquered Expedition Everest. As a token of his bravery, he bought and wore proudly a pin representing the ride.

And then we just kept riding the "mountain rides" over and over. Each time he would say, just before the ride started, "Listen, dad, I'm not even going to scream."

More later.

No comments:

Grit

I just finished reading Grit, by Angela Duckworth. Read it! As with many such books, it left me with a bit of anxiety as I realize tha...