Tuesday, January 6, 2015

My Mom and Dad in Europe (Austria Leg - Salzburg)

Here I am geared up for winter urban hiking in the plaza near the abbey of Von Trapp fame.

A nice view of Salzburg from the festung (fortress).
Alps








Maddie was very excited about the sledders down below. Knowing we were on our way to Vienna next, location of The Third Man, I made many jokes about how they were really just ants. No one got the jokes. Not even the seventh time.
Dad was especially interested in the wall around the opposing hill.
This is Katie's face for "Pam's about to buy more art."

With Mozart
Singing opera in front of the house where Mozart was born.

No comments:

Grit

I just finished reading Grit, by Angela Duckworth. Read it! As with many such books, it left me with a bit of anxiety as I realize tha...