I have a new hobby. I study the sunrise-sunset patterns of Frankfurt, Germany. Interesting to note that the Blackberry weather app lists sunset times two minutes later than The Weather Channel. You were super interested in that, right? Thought so.
Also interesting that the sunset gets later much faster than the sunrise gets earlier. I like to pretend I'm smartish but I can't figure out how that makes sense. Why wouldn't the day get longer equally on both ends? Anyway, our day is now 8:16 am to 4:54 pm. I only have one work day to go before the sun will be out until 5 pm! I was so pleased to arrive home from work yesterday while the sky was still light. You can't get enough of this, I know. But, man, a few days of pitch dark by 4 pm back in December and suddenly one gets very curious about the sun.
Meanwhile:
- Kids are back in school. I spent all break helping Caleb on his "invention" for art class. We made a Blorg, which is a tesseract-powered emergency generator for your home. Then someone (Katie) chimes in with the "information-that-would-have-been-useful-yesterday" about how it is supposed to be a prototype of a thing that could really work. This is no longer art, by the way. What kind of school is this? Unable to locate a tesseract, we opted for a hand crank, thus making it a handy workout device as well. Of course a German school would call an engineering assignment "art."
- I have ADHVPS (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Vacation Planning Syndrome) now that I live in Europe. Related, Airbnb becomes more and more my friend every time I try to plan a vacation, which is like every three minutes. Really, besides business trips and Disney World, hotels are dead to me.
- We recently got the schedule for Maddie's swim club. Conveniently, they only practice every day. Similarly, we received the remaining schedule for Henry's soccer season, which goes through July (having started in September). Apparently in August they take a break for triathlons. I have yet to find an activity for the casual participant. Either you are training for the Olympics, or you just don't do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment