Friday, March 20, 2015

Hart Family March Madness Smack Down

Katie won the inaugural episode last year and got her name on the trophy. Yes, I bought a trophy with space to engrave winner's names for the next 15 years. It appears that, fueled by her complete ignorance of college basketball, she might win again this year. Sigh. Really, who picked Georgia State besides her? Well, Henry did, but I think they're the only two in the world. Here's the Hart Family bracket summary after one day:

We all did terrible picking the play-in games. I did the best with two: Hampton and Robert Morris. But we only count those games as tie-breakers.

Madeline
12 picks right
Big Win: UNC (predicted Elite 8 barely survived Harvard)
Big Loss: Iowa State (predicted Elite 8)

Caleb
11 picks right
Big Win: Notre Dame (his predicted champion looked vulnerable, so he was glad they stuck around)
Big Loss: Baylor (predicted Final Four)

Henry
10 picks right
Big Win: Georgia State and UCLA (how many people got both of those right?)
Big Loss: none, no predicted Sweet 16 teams eliminated

Katie
10 picks right
Big Win: Georgia State
Big Loss: SMU (Sweet 16)

Tim (last as usual)
10 picks right
Big Win: nothing noteworthy
Big Loss: Baylor (Sweet 16)

No comments:

Grit

I just finished reading Grit, by Angela Duckworth. Read it! As with many such books, it left me with a bit of anxiety as I realize tha...