Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Flight is the Vacation

For reasons detailed and boring to explain, I was in Dubai over the weekend. Hotel check out was noon and the flight was 11 p.m. I can only walk around gaudy malls for so long, so I went to the airport with about seven hours to go until the flight. Then, a stroke of genius.

Are there any upgrades available? And what is the price? $150 to business class including access to the lounge, free food, private bathrooms, etc. Done.

I'm just a small town boy from Idaho Falls, ID. I work for the government. I had never flown anything other than economy. I'm telling, it was a life changing experience.

Hanging out at the airport for seven hours was, and I'm serious, awesome. I took a shower. I ate really good food. I took a nap.

Then, when it was time, I walked right onto the plane. No line. Who knew? I know, this is old news to many of you. But when I turned my seat into a bed, I realized that business class makes the airplane the vacation. I think I'll fly again, with no where to go, just so I can have another plane-cation.

No comments:

Grit

I just finished reading Grit, by Angela Duckworth. Read it! As with many such books, it left me with a bit of anxiety as I realize tha...