Monday, March 26, 2012

Bronte to Collins

Time is crawling.

3.7 million seconds. 63,000 minutes.

Just finished reading Jane Eyre for the first time (astonishingly good book). Now on to The Hunger Games. I must say it's a let down after Bronte, but it moves fast and I look forward to seeing the movie. I am hopeful it will still be in theaters in 44 days so I can see it with Katie.

Disney World plans are finalized. We have appointments for the kids to get gussied up as pirates (a pirate empress in Maddie's case--I'm glad they chose empress over wench). We have a dinner date with Cinderella et al.

The issue of the magic wand resurfaced. Maddie and Caleb were reportedly frustrated by the need to do chores when Maddie cheered the mood by reminding that they would obtain a magic wand while at Disney World and could thus ease the burden of housework (little do they know we already have such a magic wand in the form of an Egyptian housekeeper). But Caleb brought reality crashing down upon them when he lamented, "But we don't know the words for any spells."

No comments:

Grit

I just finished reading Grit, by Angela Duckworth. Read it! As with many such books, it left me with a bit of anxiety as I realize tha...