I can't run anymore. I can barely walk fast. I tried just shooting hoops the other day. Not playing basketball. Not running to grab my missed shots, of which there were many. Just shooting, and then walking to the ball, which had usually stopped bouncing by the time I got there, and then shooting again. No good.
So my new hobby is interior design pursuant to the decoration of recently blogged Cairo apartment. Turns out, it's awesome.
I like thinking about what "spaces" we will need instead of how to decorate a particular room. What will that type of space need to be like? Which spaces can co-exist in the same room?
I'm working on creative space, spiritual space, family space, private space, play space, among others. I'm evaluating all of the mundane daily activities, where they will take place, how they can become artistic, and what should surround them. It is utterly fascinating and consuming.
As a huge fan of marketing and brands, I am having a great time imaging what brands can help enhance the desired effect of each space and each room. Creative: Apple and Lego. I am contemplating a kitchen inspired my M&Ms and Coca-Cola. Not overtly, of course, but I can't think of anything happier than M&Ms and Coca-Cola.
The art in the entry way will be an introduction to our family. The art in the dining room will evoke community. For the family space, I will find symbols of our traditions, heritage, and genealogy. And I want a lot of visual reminders that we are Americans.
This is super fun. And I have no doubt Katie will automatically agree to everything without question or debate.
So my new hobby is interior design pursuant to the decoration of recently blogged Cairo apartment. Turns out, it's awesome.
I like thinking about what "spaces" we will need instead of how to decorate a particular room. What will that type of space need to be like? Which spaces can co-exist in the same room?
I'm working on creative space, spiritual space, family space, private space, play space, among others. I'm evaluating all of the mundane daily activities, where they will take place, how they can become artistic, and what should surround them. It is utterly fascinating and consuming.
As a huge fan of marketing and brands, I am having a great time imaging what brands can help enhance the desired effect of each space and each room. Creative: Apple and Lego. I am contemplating a kitchen inspired my M&Ms and Coca-Cola. Not overtly, of course, but I can't think of anything happier than M&Ms and Coca-Cola.
The art in the entry way will be an introduction to our family. The art in the dining room will evoke community. For the family space, I will find symbols of our traditions, heritage, and genealogy. And I want a lot of visual reminders that we are Americans.
This is super fun. And I have no doubt Katie will automatically agree to everything without question or debate.
No comments:
Post a Comment