Friday, March 14, 2014

World's Best Remote Control Dad

I have been in Lebanon. In addition to our three biological children who typically reside with us, during my absence Katie was joined by three neighbor children whose parents were suffering without their little ones while enduring the hardships of Paris.

So, of course, it was essentially a mini vacation for Katie who is now feeling utterly refreshed. Meanwhile, I call in like a FaceTime rock star and say handy things like, "Have you read the scriptures yet today?"

And now that we're both using Todoist (recommended to all couples looking for a solution to the primary cause of marital fights--talking), I can also just assign fun tasks to her list. I am sure she was tickled to receive a notice that "change kitty litter" had been added to her list today.

Meanwhile, I acknowledge that my posts have been a bit Caleb-centric for a few weeks, but I must update that his team won the final basketball game in a dramatic 9-point fourth quarter comeback against the league's best team. I was absent, but the play-by-play offered total vindication of the coaching method we employed. We didn't teach dribbling. We taught basketball. And they learned it, reportedly running the pick and roll like Stockton and Malone.

No comments:

Grit

I just finished reading Grit, by Angela Duckworth. Read it! As with many such books, it left me with a bit of anxiety as I realize tha...