Sunday, December 7, 2014

Favorite Things 2014 and Other Updates

My favorite things that I discovered, used for the first time, or otherwise fell in love with in 2014:
  1. The Work Uniform--Gray slacks, white or blue shirt, the same blue tie, a black sweater when it's cold...every day to work. All from Banana Republic because they have the clothing equivalent of frequent flyer miles and I'm so far in after years of Old Navy stuff for the kids that I get sweet discounts on everything. It just makes life easier, plus it has become a bit of personal branding in a way.
  2. Nike Dri-Fit Wool Crew long sleeve running shirt--Perfect for running on chilly but not quite cold evenings in Frankfurt. Also perfect for lounging around the house quite comfortably and being able to go to almost any activity without changing and still look cool. Also perfect for cats to sharpen their claws, sigh.
  3. Evernote--The cross-platform solution for a lifelong list maniac. I have lists of my lists. And now it's all searchable in Evernote.
  4. St. Peter's Basilica--I found the Sistine Chapel underwhelming (smaller than I thought, hard to see because they keep it kind of dark all the time, super crowded and uncomfortable) but I cried upon entering the basilica.
  5. Guardians of the Galaxy--Geek bonding with my kids is pretty sweet.
  6. Fish and Chips (skin on) from London pub--So delicious.
  7. Katie Hart--I've been in love with her all along, of course. Then she turned 40 this year and it had this effect like "I just turned 40 so I'm not going to worry about the crap anymore." New level of awesome.
Sampling fish and chips
In other news

German Christmas Markets are cool

Tired on the Underground



Happy Thanksgiving! Well done, Katie Hart.

A common pose for me and my cat

No comments:

Grit

I just finished reading Grit, by Angela Duckworth. Read it! As with many such books, it left me with a bit of anxiety as I realize tha...