First, a bit of context: I generally dislike horror movies. However, I really like watching the trailers to movies. So I know the general plots of most horror movie released in the last four years. One in particular, The Babadook, caught my attention for its originality and positive reviews from respected reviewers. Mind you, I haven't seen it, and probably won't, but the title, the name of a the movie's boogie-man, is catchy, right?
So catchy, in fact, that when Katie and I decided to scare the kids one night, we pretended to be the Babadook. The scaring was too effective, Maddie and Caleb were terrified, and I felt bad. Alas, I am not that mature, so I recently felt the itch again to do some scaring, so I turned into the Babadook for Henry (he had been already asleep when we previously terrorized M and C).
Henry the Intrepid found an effective response, however, and quickly fought off the Babadook by inventing his own monster, which he called the Bum-adook. The Bum-adook, I quickly discovered, scares away would-be Babadooks by showing its naked bum.
Anyway, Bum-adook turned 7 on Saturday. Photographic evidence is included below (along with a few other family highlights and updates).
| Party at the Haligali (basically the German Chuck E. Cheese) |
| And then the at-home version of the party, later that day |
| Before |
| After |
Last day of school
No comments:
Post a Comment