I am quite accustomed to being alone on the road. I am not used to being alone at home. It is not remotely similar. On the road I have daily housekeeping, lounge access, laundry service, free buffet breakfast, and so on.
Well, you already read how the laundry service is going here. And the adventure continued this morning. I ran out of detergent. Two store options: A) Penny is a five minute walk with fewer options, B) Rewe is a 10 minute walk with all imaginable options. I just just need one item and I'm planning a busy day, so I go to Penny.
None of the detergent options ring a bell. Dang it. Well, I'll just buy anything. Only, I recall that our washer requires detergents with a little energy saver logo on the packaging. Can't find any such logo. Off to the Rewe. What? None of these detergents have the logo either. Back home to inspect the old package. It doesn't have the logo either, and was available at Penny. What is happening? Then, another recollection: you only need the logo if you're buying American brand detergent. Ugh.
Otherwise, I am very much enjoying that when I clean the house, it stays clean. Take that upgrade whenever it's offered. Super handy.
Also, the three week fixing of the roof and replacing of the windows is now in its eighth week. Remember that movie The Money Pit. Yeah.
No comments:
Post a Comment