Songs from another great year with Katie Hart.
- The Eye, Brandi Carlile--This song makes me thankful Katie had the patience to stick with me early on.
- Try Everything, Shakira--Like, for example, having another baby.
- Getting Ready to Get Down, Josh Ritter--I just think it's a fun song.
- I Lived, OneRepublic--Pretty much our family theme song. "I owned every second that this world could give; I saw so many places; the things that I did." We listened to this about 15 times while driving from Charleston to Orlando last summer.
- O Mio Babbino Caro, Renee Fleming--One of these things is not like the other. But Renee is just the best.
- Astronauts, Rachel Platten--"Let the world disappear, there are places up here we can hide. Somewhere only we can find."
- I Fall To Pieces, Patsy Cline--No explanation necessary. Just so great.
- Ring of Fire, Johnny Cash--Ditto Ms. Cline.
- We Know the Way, Opetaia Foa'i and Lin-Manuel Miranda--Another one made poignant by our frequent travels. "We keep our island in our mind."
- Cupid, Sam Cooke
No comments:
Post a Comment