Saturday, November 19, 2011

Easy For Me To Say

You may recall a few blogs ago when I got kind of "Good Morning America" about my kids hanging on every word of my letters. I may even have used the phrase "like a treasure."

It may be that Katie is just very generous in reporting the facts on the ground. I'm like CENTCOM and she is Delta Force. Katie is the mom version of Chuck Norris (the cool 1980s pre-Mike Huckabee version), but with Meryl Streep's looks (again, the 1980s version). I know Meryl Streep is not always considered a sex symbol, but a) Katie really looks like her, and b) go watch some old Streep films; she's hotter than you remember. And the CENTCOM analogy implies that I'm in charge of something while clearly I'm not, OK, so just calm down and stop reading so much into this, other than that Katie is busting out the parenting equivalent of roundhouse kicks to face while I watch from a distance.

Anyway, I may start including more drawings and photos in my letters so as to move toward a reality in which "like a treasure" is a remotely plausible phrase.

No comments:

Grit

I just finished reading Grit, by Angela Duckworth. Read it! As with many such books, it left me with a bit of anxiety as I realize tha...