Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Man I've Become

Sample conversation with my wife:

"So, I was just working on the 2014 cash flow projections and, um, how often do you buy new make up?"

"I refuse to answer that. You're crazy."

It's a very attractive cash flow projection with accompanying charts and graphs. Mint.com recently became a new friend contributing much in this area. Mmm. Pie charts.

The next tab over from my beautiful cash flow--which includes columns for checking, savings, and credit balance (I know, you totally want to be me)--tracks my balance in Pakistani Rupees and the balance on my American Club Card for the embassy.

A few more esoteric tabs tracking various "1.21 Gigawatts!" types of things and then, the final tab, my favorite: Frequent Flyer miles projections. I can tell you how many United miles I will have on February 29, 2012. Yes, it's leap year.

I've been planning Christmas since Labor Day. I have each day of my 12 days at home mapped out in intricate detail (though this trip will be sadly busy with all kinds of practical things like getting medicals and passports for everyone to go to Egypt). But also a few rockin' things like shopping for a totally decked out Toyota 4Runner. You heard me correctly. I will buy a brand new car, with leather seats, and protective paint coating, and those silly oil cap covers that supposedly look awesome but are under the hood so why am I paying extra for these? All of it.

Car salesman: Would you like to add the...

Me: Yes. And the next thing, also yes. I just became closer to 40 than I am to 30 and I'm buying the car to show for it. Bring it.

3 comments:

Julie & Chris said...

Sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands! Keep the posts coming...they are hilarious!

lisa midge said...

I totally agree with' Julie and Chris'! Love the post! Miss the you Tim, and Katie and Kids.

Tim said...

Time I have. I'll keep posting. Thanks for the comments.

Grit

I just finished reading Grit, by Angela Duckworth. Read it! As with many such books, it left me with a bit of anxiety as I realize tha...